Since we adopted Mitchie at the Cabell Co. Animal Shelter in 2003 he has been a beloved loyal member of our family. He was great with the boys and even tolerated sharing his home with two cats without much objection.
He even helped out with my blogging and was my first guest blogger here at Wabi-Sabi, sharing "Mitchie's Tips for Success" a few years ago.
Mitchie never wanted people to be sad, so instead I'll share his wise advice once again.
Mitchie's Tips for Success...Goodbye Mitchie. Thank you for the love and fun you brought to our family. You will be greatly missed.
- Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joy ride.
- Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
- When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
- Let others know when they've invaded your territory.
- Take naps and stretch before rising.
- Run, romp and play daily.
- Eat with gusto and enthusiasm.
- Be loyal.
- Never pretend to be something you're not.
- If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
- When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.
- Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
- Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
- On hot days, drink lots of water and lay under a shady tree.
- When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
- No matter how often you're scolded, don't buy into the guilt thing and pout... run right back and make friends.
- Delight in the simple joy of a long walk with someone you love.