Ian has posted his predictions over at Fried Rice Thoughts and has actually seen the movies nominated for Academy Awards this year. Meanwhile, Hoyt has a nice post about the Oscars and changing movie viewing habits of parents with young kids.
I am generally in the same boat as Mr. Donutbuzz this year, and sadly I haven't seen any of the movies nominated for Best Picture. Carol has seen a couple, but with the exception of a couple of videos and King Kong, all of my trips to the movies this year have been with Jake.
As a result, here is the comprehensive list of movies that I watched in 2005. It's quite an impressive list.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Best Soundtrack)
- Chicken Little
- Dreamer: Inspired by a True Story (watched on video during flight to Seattle)
- Fantastic Four
- Just Like Heaven (watched on video during flight from Seattle)
- Kicking and Screaming (Best Supporting Actor - Mike Ditka)
- King Kong (watched by myself - Thumbs Up) (Best Actor - Kong)
- Racing Stripes (watched on video)
- Sahara (watched on video - Best Clive Cussler movie EVER)
- Sky High
- Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (Picture of the Year)
- The 40 Year Old Virgin (video)
- The Adventures of Shark Boy & Lava Girl in 3-D
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
- Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
- Yours, Mine & Ours