The rules: List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to.
So here goes...
- "The When I Wake Up in the Morning Rap", Dad & Jake - This ever evolving song is our favorite for the morning routine. The lyrics, "When I wake up in the morning, I got to go, so you'd better show me to a toilet bowl... I gotta Pee... I gotta Pee!
- Awesome God, Michael W. Smith - Kenova, West Virginia's own Christian music superstar, Smitty is Carol's all-time favorite. She has every CD he has ever released and his songs are often a part of our worship at Common Grounds. Also, Jake sings this song loud and true, which is the most fun.
- I Can't Get Behind That, William Shatner - Yes, that William Shatner. I heard some of his album, "Has Been", and at first I thought it was a joke, but it's actually really good. Common People is another great song on the album. If you like Boston Legal, you have to get this album.
- Blister in the Sun, Violent Femmes - From the Grosse Pointe Blanke Soundtrack this is just a fun toe tapper song.
- Cheeseburger Song, Veggie Tales - This classic ballad is just too much fun. It's a classic love song about the love of a Cheeseburger. Think Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle for pre-schoolers and their parents.
- Who Let the Dogs Out, Baha Men - This is Jake's favorite to play on the Batman drumset that he got for Christmas. With the previews for the remake of the Shaggy DA movie (Shaggy Dog) featuring this song, we have had fun singing this one.
- Talkin Bout a Revolution, Tracy Chapman - I still love this song. When I get on one of my radical, revolutionary, protest kicks (which happens frequently) I love cranking this one up along with Green Day (I Fought the Law), Creedence Clearwater Revival (Fortunate Son), and Buffalo Springfield (Stop Children What's That Sound).
Smallest Angel, MzDaVinci, Reverend Mommy, John, Kim, Bongo Boy, Bonnie, and Wendy, consider yourself tagged.